Dermabond DNX6 - Advanced Topical Skin Adhesive with Easy-to-Use Applicator (0.7ml) - Box of 6Ethicon
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive is a wound closure device that can be used to approximate the skin edges created by surgical incisions and lacerations.
- DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides wound healing strength to maintain barrier and wound closure integrity.
- Compared with many other topical skin adhesives, DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides enhancements such as single-layer application, reduced drying time, and an ergonomically designed applicator for improved handling during application
Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive can add strength and protection to an incision.
- Strength: When used in addition to sutures, DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to wound closure than sutures alone
- Microbial barrier: DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for at least 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)
- Inhibition of bacteria: DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram-positive bacteria (MRSA & MRSE) and gram-negative bacteria (E. coli)
A patented, thicker formula with a unique blend of plasticizers and an initiator for precise control
- Plasticizers increase flexibility and 3-dimensional strength for secure wound closure and patient comfort
- Initiator enables consistent setting time across various conditions and skin types
- In Date