Bard 5950009 - Ventralex ST Hernia Patch, Large Circle W/Strap 8CM - EachBard
The VENTRALEX™ Hernia Patch is a self-expanding polypropylene and ePTFE patch that can be used to repair small ventral defects such as umbilical hernias and trocar site deficiencies.
The device allows for an intraabdominal, tension-free repair.Tissue ingrowth into the polypropylene mesh side and deep placement of the prosthetic allows for a strong repair and reduced chance of recurrence. This technique is designed to eliminate lateral dissection required for preperitoneal placement, which may help to minimize post-op pain.
Easy: Technique and Placement
- Simple tension-free intraabdominal repair.
- Minimum dissection and fixation required.
- Monofilament polypropylene mesh encourages tissue ingrowth and incorporation into the abdominal wall.
Efficient: Positioning Pocket and Strap
- Pocket and strap facilitates placement, positioning and fixation.
- Memory technology allows the patch to “spring open,” lay flat and maintain shape.
- Three sizes available for coverage of larger defects to smaller trocar site closures.
Proven: Materials and Clinical Data
- Monofilament polypropylene mesh provides fast tissue ingrowth leading to a strong repair.
- ePTFE layer, with submicronic porosity, on the visceral side of the patch provides a permanent barrier and minimizes tissue attachment.
- Six years of market experience supported by peer-reviewed published clinical studies.
- 2022 (Or Later)